Tuesday, December 15, 2009

We're All Broken Enough to Be Humble.

I am not confident.
I know I am smart, but not in the ways that count.
I read people much better than books, but I never have the words to explain my findings.
I'm only as funny as I feel.
And I do not think I'm pretty.
I sometimes walk with my head down.
My posture is terrible.
I think my emotions get the best of me.
I'm really not as nice as I'd like to be, or as innocent as you'd think I am.
I am a contradiction to everything I want to stand for.
I'm a big dreamer with little motivation.
I'm really no good at all on my own, but I am analytical with myself.
And I don't understand how anyone could ever be cocky or proud, when they are aware of all the disgusting things they think and do, but no one knows.
We're all broken enough to be humble.
-Anna-Joy Reed.

I love this. I read it and I saw everything I feel sometimes. I think everyone feels it occasionally. It just expressed it so well. Especially the last line. The push and pull and contradictions and struggles we go through in our own minds every day to try and keep good prevaling over bad, to keep a balance in ourselves.

No comments: