Friday, December 25, 2009

I've Been Inspired.

There is something I have decided to do if it takes everything in me.
I am going to stop over-analyzing myself, humanity and existence before I become insane.
I am going to stop self-examing, worrying, obsessing over my health, my life and my mind.
I am going to accept the fact that maybe my mind isn't fully well, because I'm intelligent and even if I forget things or can't focus, there are always things I will never lose ability to do.
I am going to stop killing myself over things that I know don't matter, deep down.
I am going to attempt to reunite with the faith and spirituality I once had, that which was corrupted somewhere down the line. I might even start going to church. Smythe Street Cathedral, of course. Non-denominational.
I am going to start reading again.
I am going to take more pictures.
I am going to take another look at my list of goals.
I am going to cry when I want to without worrying about my mental health.
I am going to be more understanding of my friends.
I am going to trust what the doctor says rather than scare myself with self-diagnosis.
I am going to look at this whenever I forget.
I am going to remember what's important in life.

I am going to be happy.
I am going to live.

4 comments:

Findlay said...

If you are thinking about reconnecting with faith, you should do it the right way. There are some awesome books.
Lamb - by Christopher Moore.
Fierce Invalids home from Hot Climates - Tim Robbins
and an essay by J.P Proudhon.

They made the most impact on my faith of anything I've ever read.
I can lend them, or at least two of them to you I think.s

Robin-Ellen Revolution said...

Thank you.
I'll get them from you when you get back.

Findlay said...

Also, that sounded pretentious (I'm sorry)
AND MERRY BOXING DAY.
box box box.

Robin-Ellen Revolution said...

No it didn't. I appreciate suggestions.