Saturday, August 28, 2010

To Err Is Human. To Forgive...

I think in order to forgive someone you have to find some reason outside of the situation.
You have to think of this one moment, this gorgeous freeze frame in which everything was right and good, and you have to know in your heart that because of this moment, this time, this section of your life during which you were truly happy, it is worth forgiving this person.
One can always say they forgive someone, but rarely do they mean it.
We get lost in the rage that fills our minds, the fixation we have with our own ideas. We can't let go of how we feel about this moment in time, a much darker frame.
No one wants to hear their flaws, thrown back at them like stones to the temple, but sometimes we have to.
Both injured parties must go back to their corners, and think about what they've done. It is truly divine to forgive wholly.
And you haven't really forgiven me. And I hear the words that you say even though you don't say them to my face. And even if I hadn't heard it from others, I can feel it. I can feel the rage you've been harbouring towards me just looking for the best way out. So I believe you've found it. I cannot and will not change how I feel, and it has nothing to do with morals. Not one thing.
It has to do with my love for you as a person, but you are much too set in your ways to believe that.

No comments: