Thursday, July 24, 2008

P.E.I

So much for updating every day from the island .

No internet. Most unfortunate.
Anyway, I'm back now. So it's time to talk about the trip.

We left Saturday, July 12th, at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. After the pre-requisite three hour drive, we arrived at the cottage we were to rent for the week. My brother and I went down to the beach and looked around immediately. It was a very nice little piece of beach, I must say. We went to the grocery store in Summerside, for food, of course.

Sunday we explored P.E.I. We went to this little seaside village called Victoria, then to Brackley beach. The water was full of jellyfish. We went swimming anyway.

Monday, it rained. We went to Charlottetown and went shopping. I discovered this fantastic little vintage store called "The Green Man." I bought what was probably the only dress made in the 80's without shoulder pads. We ate supper at an incredible fish and chips place. Lots of Beatles stuff on the walls. It was great .

Tuesday, we went to Shining Waters water park, because it was apparently necessary that my brother go there before we go home. I'm glad I went however, because I happened to run into someone I haven't seen since third grade. We recognized each other immediately. Anyway, much watersliding, and then we returned to the cottage.


Wednesday, we went to a lovely beach in North Rustico, and then to North Cape. My brother fell off this cliff-type thing, and we had to take him to the hospital. He was fine. I hate hospitals.

Thursday we went to The Haunted Mansion in Kensington, shopping in Cavendish, and then to the beach in North Rustico again.


Friday we went to a historical village. There was a barn there with all these kittens running around in it. I loved them. Then we went to Prim point and climbed the lighthouse. I was terrified and I didn't go all the way up. Then we went to the beach again.


Saturday morning we packed up and headed out. We took the ferry to Nova Scotia, which was quite interesting. Once in Nova Scotia we ate lunch, then headed back home.

No comments: